Date: 12 November 2018 (extending to 13 November 2018 if needed)
Times: To be agreed with attendees
Venue: London, EC1A
Following on from the CORTISONE Industry Day on 17 May at Tech UK in London the programme is holding a series of Discovery Days to invite potential suppliers to present information on services and demonstrate products to relevant technical and business staff from the CORTISONE programme.
These Discovery Days are intended to inform and validate the CORTISONE ecosystem design and to refine the CORTISONE requirements. Note that beyond seeking technical clarifications or explanations of functionality attendees will not be able to enter into dialogue about the requirements as part of a Discovery Day.
Discovery Day 5 on 12 November 2018, extending to 13 November 2018 if needed, will focus on Document Management products. Further Discovery Days, if required, will be announced later.
For this Discovery Day, we must see demonstration of or information about the following functional areas:
- Capture mechanisms, including ad hoc upload, managed batch scan, bulk import
- Full text, OCR (optical character recognition) and/or other intelligent extraction capabilities (any OCR demonstration should show the ‘art of the possible’ in relation to image quality)
- Support of TIFF and PDF document formats (multi-page), JPG images, audio and video digital media, and structured healthcare document formats
- Metadata management, document type management; general configurability/tailoring
- Indexing capabilities (manual and automated), including any validation functionality.
- Advanced search, retrieval, view, and any edit capabilities.
- Version control capabilities
- Information governance and access controls, including the ability to prevent image editing
- Level of healthcare standards support such as IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise), XDS (Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing) including XDS.b and XDS-I.b, MHD (Mobile Access to Health Documents); any other APIs
- Retention, disposal and hard delete support
- Architecture: appropriate content storage, high availability provision, cloud support, typical infrastructure requirements
We are also interested in seeing demonstration of or information about:
- Workflow capabilities
- Intelligent forms (eForms) design, capture, and workflow, including validation
- Management of paper and remote records
- Vendor Neutral Archive, Zero Footprint DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) Viewer, relevant standards support, any other APIs
- Email archiving capabilities
- Interoperability with Integration Platform and Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) products
- Healthcare reference sites (in the UK or elsewhere)
Suppliers able to demonstrate potentially suitable products are invited to request a place on the day by sending an email stating the products they intend to demonstrate and that they meet the ‘must include’ criteria for the demonstrations described above to: Alexander.Slowman100@mod.gov.uk no later than 10:00 on 29 October 2018. Further information will be supplied to confirmed attendees.
Responding to this announcement is voluntary and does not start the official procurement process for the CORTISONE requirement. Participation in the Discovery Days does not guarantee, or jeopardise, your inclusion in a future procurement exercise. It should be noted that all information released in relation to the Discovery Days is released on a without commitment basis, is subject to change and may not form part of any future procurement process.
No down-selection will take place as a consequence of any responses or interactions relating to the Discovery Days. Additionally, no information provided in response to this announcement or in relation to the Discovery Days will be used in any way for the purpose of evaluating suppliers or their products in any future procurement process.
What is Programme CORTISONE?
The aim of Programme CORTISONE is to deliver an integrated ecosystem of medical information services to the Defence Medical Services. Its vision is to deliver ‘a sustainable, integrated, cohesive and enduring information capability that will fully and effectively support the delivery of evidence-based medical and dental health and healthcare outputs, to achieve the Aim of the Defence Medical Services (DMS)’ – which is to Promote, Protect and Restore the health of the Defence population in order to maximise their fitness for role, while maintaining an occupational focus and an operational edge.
A multi-million-pound programme, with global reach and operations equivalent in size to two large CCGs (Clinical Commissioning Groups) and a Community Trust, CORTISONE looks to procure a full suite of healthcare software from multiple healthcare product/service suppliers, together with develop and deliver services. It is anticipated that elements of the ecosystem will be re-competed on a regular basis to ensure the best solutions are being delivered to users, giving an ongoing opportunity for market players to get involved with the ecosystem on a long-term basis.
The MoD is looking for a range of companies to engage with the programme, delivering a full suite of healthcare software to meet use-cases and patient-journey-defined functional requirements. With the modular nature of the procurement allowing innovation, all suppliers are encouraged to take a leading role in delivery of functionality.
Previous Discovery Days have addressed:
- Primary Healthcare (Discovery Day 1, 30 July 2018)
- Dental Healthcare (Discovery Day 2, 31 July 2018)
- Integration Platforms (Discovery Day 3, 1 and 2 October 2018)
Discovery Day 4 for Enterprise Master Patient Index products will take place over 23 and 24 October 2018.
CORTISONE is also looking to the future and will exploit innovation to align with NHS strategy, virtualise healthcare and integrate with services across the healthcare sector. This might include telemedicine, patient record integration with the NHS and other patient databases, patient condition tracking etc.