Contracting, Purchasing and Finance system
MOD has taken a significant step forward in modernising its procurement systems by switching on the purchasing and finance elements of the Contracting, Purchasing and Finance system (CP&F) in December 2016 and retiring both P2P and DFMS systems. The ultimate goal is to provide a single end to end capability, replacing paper processes and conducting all procurement action electronically.
CP&F Release 2 introduced key changes and new ways of working:
- Enforced internal controls and processes
- Standardised approach to setting up contracts; catalogues and associated Purchase Orders
- Changes in Contract architecture and numbering
- All approvals are undertaken online.
- New Supplier On Boarding process
- Reinforce the need for Suppliers to be in receipt of a Purchase Order prior to commencing work for MOD
The new system delivered significant benefits for MOD and its supplier base by implementing a standard set of processes underpinned by timely, reliable management information on all contracts and spend.
Whilst new ways of working has been implemented successfully in many areas, we are aware that there may be some issues still affecting MOD’s Commercial, Supplier and Finance community. MOD is carrying out continuous enhancement to the new system and offers extended support to Suppliers and CP&F Users with the aim to ensure common understanding of issues encountered and to provide solutions for technical and process/policy related issues.
For Supplier guidance and support contact details please visit the Guidance for suppliers’ website.Find Out More